Saturday, June 4, 2011

We LOVE These!

Woo-hoo!!!  Thank you Unilever for finally bringing these to the US!  I was first introduced to Magnum Ice Cream Bars 12 years ago when Keith and I visited Portugal.  While there I learned first hand that in the US, we have less than impressive candy bars.  Kit Kat Bars, for instance, are made by Nestle in Europe and have a better quality chocolate.  More chocolate - not over loaded with sugary waxy-ness.  Thank you for keeping the same European goodness with the Magnum Bar!  (So good that Keith kept a couple of the wooden sticks as souvenirs with the date and location when we enjoyed them in Portugal.)


Move over Dove and Haagen-Dazs!  Magnum is the real deal!  A thick, rich, Belgium chocolate shell surrounds the creamy vanilla or chocolate ice cream.  One will definitely satisfy your chocolate and ice cream cravings.  We have had the Classic, Almond and Double Chocolate varieties thus far in our house.  (Note: Do not eat the Double Chocolate just before bedtime!)  I am looking forward to trying the double caramel.  I found them at Wal-Mart for about $3.40 for a box of 3.  Keith bought a couple boxes on sale at Basha's for $3.99.  Watch for coupons, I've heard they're out there.  This is my new stash.  Sorry kids, I'm not sharing!

3 comments:

Emilie said...

These really are the BEST!!! I used to eat these as a little girl and hadn't had one since I last visited Belgium. I've tried most of the flavors and my personal favorite is the white chocolate, but that's because I'm obsessed with Belgian and Swiss white chocolate.

Tara said...

Sorry kids, I'm not sharing! Haha!!! When we used to go to Fresh n Easy we would stalk up on their European chocolate, although I am not sure if it had been Americanized in some way. That's really funny Keith saved the stick, so sentimental. I will most def be excited to try these!

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEITH!!!

Michelle said...

Yeah, I have been dying to eat one of these ever since you did this post, but I am really trying to lose weight right now. It's such a big dilemma! Yeah I loved that Keith saved them too!