Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Germaphobe Post

I am not a germaphobe by nature, but my husband has become one. He says it happened after taking  Microbiology. They studied lost of germs in that class, so much so that he really doesn't eat chicken anymore. It makes my life and cooking tons of fun. In fact, everytime I'm in the kitchen he asks in a panicky voice, "Did you wash your hands???" It is rather insulting.

He also uses his new profound philosophy of fearing germs to get out of wiping our girls' dirty little bums. Hmmm. I swear he's more afraid of germs than almost anything, like even public speaking. I like to scare him and say things like, "Oh, she just went to the bathroom and didn't wash her hands." After he shakes someones hand or something like that. It usually ends with his freak out face, which appears along the lines of something like this:



Well, maybe that is his get-the-H-outta-my-way-move-NOW-face, but it's similar to his freak-out-germ face.

Anyway, I am deviating from the subject at hand. Here are a couple of my favorite Germ eliminating products: Can anyone live without these anymore? They are my go to product that makes cleaning the bathroom a lot faster and stress free.



And an absolute must have for every Mom or Germaphobe's purse/fanny pack is this hand sanitizer. I even like it better than Bath & Body Works:

Let me tell you about this germ fighting bad boy. First of all he smells great! He's alcohol free! That's a big deal to me, because my hands are dry enough already, oh and it won't burn my little one's cuts or scrapes they might have. It's a foaming pump, which I love. It's also flammabe free, which hey, you never know. And best of all, it's reasonably priced! Find it at Wal-Mart.

6 comments:

Eliza said...

Tell Wes he's just contributing to the profliferation of the superbugs by being such a germaphobe. (btw, it that his man-purse he's carrying?) Me, personally, I am a germ lover. I tell myself I am creating rock solid immune systems in my children. But you already know that. I am a fan of the clorox wipes, however, my kids don't know how to clean a bathroom without them. And I'm glad you put that hand sanitizer on here cuz I couldn't remember which one you had and I wanted to get some, it comes in handy when you're out in the middle of nowhere using nasty portapotties. Also, I was just thinking that we somehow survived our entire childhoods without all these handy products and I probably went to the doctor about 3 times in my entire childhood. Just something to think about. :)

Tara said...

I would definitely put myself somewhere in the middle between you and Eliza. I do love that Germ-x Tara, and it lasts a really long time too! I am glad I have some wipes from the Leuca that I really like.

Tara said...

Ha Ha, that was from Michelle.

Kris said...

Yeah I worry about my germ killer foam being flame free... too funny. I too am a germ-a-phobe (although I eat chicken) but I have a hard time with public toilets, how anyone can walk in a plop down on those things (skin crawling) eww!

Hardwick Family said...

You started the blog!! Haha!! How did you capture that face!! Thats so funny and so true! I am such a germaphobe so I can totally relate but you already knew that.. and i didnt even take that class. I still need to get that sanitizer I keep forgetting.

Grannie Wright said...

I guess Grannies purse needs to get some of that foaming hand sanitizer. I'm going to put it on my list now. I thought that Wesley always had made that face. Learn something new every day. Sure love you guys.