Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I wanted to rip my hair out

Growing up, I can remember lots of times that we kids made our Mom want to rip her hair out. It could have been anything from:
*Me and Britny fighting (which we did daily, maybe hourly, and they were also more like full on brawls)
*Having an extremely messy room (She would always say, "I'm gonna break my neck in here")
*Or spilling our cold cereal on the couch in the tv room (I can't tell you how many times my parents tried to implement not eating in there)
*One time my brother Vaughn spilled something on their carpet and cleaned it up with bleach (he obviously wasn't aware of it at the time), so they had a big white stain on the blue carpet in their room

A lot of these moments make me laugh now but I know they really frustrated my Mom at the time. Oh the joys of having seven kids.

Yesterday while sitting at the computer I turned around to find Mia doing this:



Yikes! I definitely wanted to scream. But I just marched that girl right up to the bathroom to give her a bath. Cleaning up peanut butter is no easy feat, so I learned. Of course today I can laugh about it. It's moments like these that make me feel more like my mother and then it makes me feel more appreciative.

PS-I just wanted to give a shout out to her because tomorrow is her Birthday! Love you Mom! You are the most kind, loving, hard working, charitable, spiritual, all around amazing woman I know.
Muah!

5 comments:

Grannie Wright said...

I could tell right off the bat that this post was from Michelle. My computer wouldn't let me look at the picture of Mia. [darn it!] I'll try again later. OK? This kind of stuff is all part of Motherhood. Remember when Britny whacked off your pony tail as you were quietly napping? I could go on but I'll stop there. I guess I should be writing these down as I recall them. Love you Miche! Thanks for the birthday wishesand by the way, the book too. Can't wait to try it out. Yawhoooo!

Tara said...

Hahaha! You're too funny! This post brought back some memories!!! Mom and her catch phrases. However, Dad still holds my favorite with, 'Your ass is grass'. I wonder what my kids will say some of my catch phrases are? Well, I already know one is 'You're driving me crazy!' and 'You're driving me nuts!' Haha. What can you do? I still wasn't able to see the picture of Mia either. Don't know why...oh well!

Aliece said...

Oh Miche! It's only just begun! Walter's count of eggs cracked on the kitchen floor is up to 31. My favorite Mom phrase is "Let us oft speak kind words to each other. . ." Singing, of course. Happy Birthday Mom!

Eliza said...

Oh man, this is so funny, I'm dying to see the picture. It's so true how being a parent really makes you understand and appreciate everything your parents went through. I hate it when I say things that mom said that I swore I was never going to say because they drove me crazy as a kid. Do you have any idea how many times Kris and I have tried to implement no eating in the family room- I can't even count!!

Tara said...

Haha! I just had to come back and leave a comment after I saw the photo. Oh, someone's in trouble!!! :) Hey, this is the first pic where I could really see her hair cut. It looks really cute!!! Also, I think I would much rather clean up the peanut butter rather than tweeze the toilet paper out of her nose for sure!

P.S. One time Me, Mandi, and Jacy got in a peanut butter fight. It took HOURS to clean it up.