Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Aliece's Embarrassing Turn

I think that most of my embarrassing moments start with my mouth and my naivete.   From making stupid comments about foreigners in front of Emilie, (she must think I'm an idiot) to not knowing enough about a topic and totally getting laughed at in the conversation.  (Thankfully, that usually happens with family.)  Honestly, I mean well.  I spend way too much time thinking about how wrong something sounded and how I wish I could have a do-over.  I would've just kept my mouth shut!

I had a good moment in high school.  My girlfriends and I were invited to eat lunch at a guy's house, a guy I obviously did not know.  We were jumping on his trampoline, showing off a bit and I did a toe touch and completely ripped the crotch of my jeans.  Well, they were Jill Jarvis Badger's jeans, Calvin Klein's to be exact.  She was there and laughed her head off!  (Which actually made me feel better, I was worried about her jeans.)  Thankfully, the guy had a little sister and let me borrow some of her shorts which I returned at school a couple days later.  And Mom was able to repair Jill's CK's.  Thanks Mom!

Oh, and there was our first childbirth class.  We were so excited for our first baby, but we had crazy schedules so I signed up for the class at the last minute.  I asked the lady on the phone if we needed to bring anything to class. (Before everything was online, obviously.)  She told me no and reassured me I would receive a packet in the mail with all of the info.  Well, Keith and I both rushed to the class after work, not having checked the mail that day.  (He actually had to get off work early to make it.)  We were the last ones to arrive, but we got there in time for introductions.  At the end of the class, our instructor had us grab two pillows and lay down.  There were pillows stacked on tables behind everyone, so we did.  When we got up to leave we realized that everyone else had brought their own pillows and we totally grabbed the pillows of the people sitting next to us!  I felt so D-U-M-B!  We apologized.  It was not that big a deal, but we did have to finish the next 3 weeks of classes with them.  And we brought our own pillows!  Ugh!  That felt pretty stupid for a while!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Ha Ha Aliece! I love these stories! I have totally ripped my pants before, a couple of times I think. The pillow story is a good one. Glad you shared!

Tara said...

Haha! I'm sure Emilie, is used to our family saying dumb things...I say dumb things all the time, I'm always like why did I say it like that? I didn't mean it that way! I really am working on thinking before speaking...

That pillow story is a classic! Definitely laughing out loud about it!!