Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A couple things I need on a hard day

We have those days that suck balls sometimes. You know those ones where at the end of the day you are quite winded and ready for bed. So here are a few things I need on those days. My favorite daytime talk show is most definitely, The Talk. I love all the ladies, they always make me laugh, they talk about subjects I find interesting, and they are all moms. What more could I ask for in a tv show?
I recently took up journaling. I have done it 50 days in a row now and I find it so therapeutic. It's nice when you don't really want to burden someone else with every single detail of your thoughts. It feels so good to get all my thoughts out on paper. It helps me feel validated too.

I know this may sound dumb but since taking on journaling, I have an obsession with Zebra pens. I just love they way they write. Just thought I would throw that out there. I don't really need a Zebra pen on a hard day, mostly just the journaling. :)


I have very vivid memories growing up of my mom drinking herbal tea. I can see her squeezing out the tea bag now. It's so relaxing, it also makes me feel proper and British. For some reason I feel more sophisticated. Ha Ha. Lately I have been drinking St. Johns Wort herbal tea, because if I'm gonna drink it, why not something that might make my mood better?
I think I will go make myself some right now.

4 comments:

Tara said...

I'm sorry you had a rough day! But, I loved this post!!! I wish I could watch The Talk so bad, I know I would enjoy it too. I am going to get me some of those pens. I don't know if I can do the tea, it always makes me have to pee sooo bad. I really hope Miss Mia is feeling better, or at least sleeps through the night.

Kris said...

Michelle I sense your frustration, but I have to say that for those of us who enjoy a less sophisticated sense of humor could have a field day with just the opening line, I almost laughed out loud at work! Thank you for letting me find levity in your writing! You are awesome!

Grannie Wright said...

I'm sorry that you had a rough day, too. I had one of those days at work today. I'm gonna have to dig up my herbal teas. And take up journaling. You are a good example to me Michelle. You always have been. I gotta find out where that show is on at. you are the best!!!

Aliece said...

Tara, have you checked out hulu? I have found my latest favorite show there, I'll do a review of it soon. Love ya Mich! I drink herbal tea a lot too. Mom got me started, I like the Traditional Medicinals line.