Sunday, May 8, 2011

Wait, What Day is it Again?

I think it would be nearly impossible not to know what day it is, well maybe for me because of church and facebeook. Or maybe it's just because I'm a mom.This blog is about being a woman, and everything that goes along with it, especially motherhood. I had a different post originally in my mind, however with it being Mother's Day weekend it feels very wrong to not talk about mothers here on this blog today.

It does seem everything to be said about mothers has already been said, so I decided to make a list of some of my favorite quotes:

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.
-Jill Churchill

The phrase "working mother" is redundant.
-Jane Sellma

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
-Tenneva Jordan

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?
-Milton Berle

Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.
-The First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Motherhood is the keystone of the arch of matrimonial happiness.
-Thomas Jefferson

It is not until you become a mother that your judgement slowly turns to compassion and understanding.
-Erma Bombeck

One cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God. Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one.
-Thomas S. Monson

I just love being a woman and mother! I learned from the best, I love you so much Mom! After reading these quotes I feel even more empowered and inspired. I hope all you woman and mothers out there had a wonderful day, and take pride in your femininity. I am so blessed to have such amazing women in my life. Sisters and mother oh how I love you so! You are all such great examples to me, in such different, unique ways. Thank you for everyone's contribution to this blog, it helps me feel connected when I live so far away, and it makes me want to be a better mom! XO!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

These are some great quotes that you found Tara! I love being a woman and mother as well. You are a great mom and I look up to you too. Wish we lived closer! Love you!

Grannie Wright said...

Oh I get it. You were asking me for quotes. And I didn't have any good Mother's Day ones. Sorry Tara. This was a really great post. I love you too. And I didn't think I was that great of a mom.

Aliece said...

Love it Tara! You are an inspiring woman and mother!