Monday, April 4, 2011

Feeling Like a Hoarder


We have been living like we will be moving any day now, since about September. That's what happens when your landlord's let the house go to foreclosure! (A topic for another day, or not!) The boxes feel like they are closing in on me some days. Boxes I have packed and boxes waiting to be packed. I try to ignore it. It can be frustrating. Why don't we just move? Well, right now we are saving money and I don't want to have to deal with driving kids to school or changing schools right now.

I have been slowly packing at this point. And trying to get rid of more stuff. I give away a bag of stuff every couple of weeks. I love that charity donation centers are always sending postcards about their trucks coming to our neighborhood. So the morning of the pick-up I always try to have a box, a bag or two out on the curb. You'd think I wouldn't feel like this because I am always giving stuff away. Is it 5 kids? A husband who can't throw anything away? Or is it me?


I like to blame Wal-Mart! The great retailer making everything more affordable so we have more of it. Or maybe I can blame China?


Most of it feels like clutter. Don't get me started on the mail. I despise mail. I never seem to throw it out fast enough. I pay bills and get more bills. I go paperless, but more paper keeps coming! Papers from the school too!


I am looking forward to moving. I'm craving a fresh start. But in the meantime, if you don't hear from me for a while, I may have packed myself into a box!

4 comments:

Grannie Wright said...

Since I saw you last night, I'm pretty sure you are not in a box. I understand how frustrating it can be! Just hang in there a little longer.......

Michelle said...

Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. I blame Wal-mart too, and the DI for all my accumulating crap. Sometimes I feel like I just want to throw it all away! If I were you I would keep telling myself it was worth it to save all the Moola! Love you and Miss you so!

Eliza said...

I too am tired of living out of boxes, that will be one nice thing to get to stop doing. I cannot stand school papers. It's like a big snowball that just keeps rolling, and no matter how much I throw away it just keeps growing. With this many kids I don't have much hope of it improving anytime soon. And don't you just love how if you go paperless then they tell you to print out a copy for your records, it's like what the heck did I go paperless for!

Tara said...

Haha! I can remember the box days from when we lived with Wes' Dad. It does take patience. Just think how sweet the reunion will be with all of the stuff you love AND need. Hang in there!