Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Multiple Personalities

I am really not sure what has been up with my multiple personalities lately. They have really been getting out of hand. I have a couple of idealistic days a week where I am the Michelle I want to be.

I wake up refreshed, go clean the police department in a good mood, go jogging right after, come home and unload the dishwasher, take a shower before noon, run errands, take Mia to the park, maintain a clean house, stay ahead of the laundry, practice piano, make dinner, give Mia a bath and get to bed early while reading a book. I guess I can see why these days don't happen all the time. The thing is, I feel so great when I have awesome days like these, I wish I could be like that all the time.

The other Michelle has a couple of bad days a week. I wake up oh so tired and grumpy, clean the police dept but I feel like crying the whole time, come home and lay on the couch, get Mia and let her watch tv while I fall in and out of sleep, we lay on the couch and watch tv for a good portion of the day and we eat really low maintenance food (lot's of sugar), and I usually have Dan pick up some fast food for dinner.

The other portion of the week I think I am somewhere in the middle. Don't even ask about when I am on my period, I always say to my husband, "Remember you are supposed to cut me some slack when I am pmsing?!" So which one of these is the real me? I am trying to figure that out, I think I am somewhere in the middle. But I really want to be the idealistic one all the time and not just a couple of days a week. What about you? Do you have any alter egos? I sure hope you do, because that would make me feel a whole lot better.

6 comments:

Tara said...

You described my life exactly!!!! I hate the balancing act. What is it??? This is one of the struggles and sacrifices of being a stay at home mom, although I am sure working moms feel it too, maybe in a bit of a different way.

All I know is, if Ivy has a rough night (like usual) it makes the days extra rough. But I do realize that if I can just get ready before a decent hour I am a lot more productive all day long.

Maybe it will be better when we have kids in school? I don't know. My MIL (Bev) has told me before, even if all you do is love your child that day, at least you know you did something eternal. I just tell myself that...

The Hawks said...

Sounds a bit too much like me. Glad to see I'm not the only one. I had a RS lesson a couple months back and they were saying that Hollywood makes people think that they can have clean house and be all hunky dory all the time. But thats not reality. Reality is that we are going to have good days and bad days and our houses will not always be clean.

Aliece said...

Wow Miche! You can have a whole good day! Friday was going great for me, but fell apart early afternoon! Sounds like we're on the same rollercoaster! I want to get off on the right side! Do you know when it stops? :) :)

Grannie Wright said...

Funny how it carries on through generations. But maybe that's just life. I remember when Lori and I did the PTO thing. We would have to get to the school, before it started. To sell tickets and make stupid announcements, sometimes we were in our pjs, sometimes not. That's when we were having a good day. I also remember locking the bedroom door and turning on Sesame Street, while I laid on the bed drifting in and out of sleep. And then I would think poor Lo. (while he's at work!)

Eliza said...

Oh Miche, I hear ya! Sometimes I wonder if there's ever a happy medium. Just a steady flow of normalness. I'm not sure if it exists, as I sit here typing this in my pjs at 1:30 in the afternoon. And the multiple personalities thing- let's see... mine are raging lunatic, carefree funny mom, horomonal pregnant lady- wait a minute maybe that last one explains them all. Except that doesn't explain those times I'm not prego. Hmmm, this is a confusing topic, maybe I should talk to my other me to see what she thinks about all this! :)

Hardwick Family said...

Oh my gosh Michelle!! So me!! Thank you bc sometimes its nice to know you are not the only one!!