Monday, April 11, 2011

The Sideburn Saga Continued

Remember the post about Wesley's sideburns here? I was totally trying so hard to not be annoyed by him/them. It wouldn't have been so bad if every time I looked over at Wes he didn't have some ridiculous comment about how much I loved his sideburns. Or how he was keeping them forever. Or how many compliments he was getting on them. Or how he knows I secretly like them, and so on. And on. And on. He even put his brother up to texting me about how much he loves Wes' sideburns and how awesome they are. Nice try Wes and Randy. If you know Wesley, then you know he can take a small joke that probably started out funny, and turn it into the most annyoing thing you have ever heard in your life! So, basically what I am saying is we totally act twelve about the situation.

After some serious threats about cutting my hair, posting about it on Facebook, and even pinning my hair up in a faux bob, I knew I needed to be even a little more proactive. Saturday night I grabbed the scissors to show Wes I meant business. I pulled my hair all back, and was holding it against my neck and yelled at him to just cut or I would. I was hoping he would say something along the lines of alright, alright, I'll shave. However, that sentence never was uttered. He dramatically grabs the scissors and chops my hair off. My heart dropped. After I heard the scissors snip and my hair fall. In a shaky voice asked, "Did you seriously just do that?" OOOMMMGG! He starts panicking and yelling at me, "You can't play me like that Tara! You just can't!" We were both totally freaking out. We didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

He finished the hair cut and the total inches lost were about five. It's been probably since high school since I have had my hair this short. The cut isn't that bad, but thank goodness I have just a few hairdressers friends, and we happen to be heading back to Mesa in less than a week and I can get it fixed then. Oy vey. I am still in shock. I cannot believe how the events played out. And don't tell me it's just hair. Hair is everything.

Here's a pic I know you are all dying to see:




And if you are wondering; yes, he still has those damn sideburns!!!
(They actually don't look bad in that pic, trust me they were much worse in person.)

8 comments:

Kris said...

The haircut looks good Tara, you and wesley should forget dental school and open a salon. Be the next toni and guy... Wes could even come up with inappropriate names for your products like "Stiffy" hair paste...

Bre said...

ha! this is seriously like a movie! That never happens in real life!!! I'm sorry for the whole sideburns thing. I feel for ya! Josh once shaved a mohawk into Peyton's hair and said he had to keep it until his birthday (a couple weeks later) That was the longest 2 weeks of my life! Don't love the sideburns, so I think you should go even shorter.....just sayin.
-Bre

Eliza said...

I love it! Change is good sometimes! But this whole saga is pretty crazy! You guys crack me up!

Grannie Wright said...

The haircut isn't bad. Your Dad always wanted me to have long hair, but I looked like a peeled onion. I tried it one more time for Aliece's wedding. No. I take that back. I had it long enough for your wedding to be put in a
French twist. Which I totally loved! Just can't do it everyday. Think of his sideburns as his being alive. You might want to consider the salon thing, like Kris said! I meant to say that Wesley is still here!

Michelle said...

Mom's comment's crack me up. Yeah you guys are too funny. I love your hair too! I like seeing people with a different look every once in a while.

Aliece said...

I gasped out loud when I read the part where Wes cut your hair and scared Keith. (He hates it when I do that!) Thanks for sharing the Saga! So very entertaining!

Unknown said...

Wes, you should try to grow those lamb chops all the way down to where they meet your fluffy tuft of chest hair...

Emilie said...

Your hair looks awesome!! You look beautiful with both short and long hair, but it's fun seeing a different look. I've been thinking of going shorter and seeing yours makes me want to even more...I don't think I'm brave enough though; we'll see. You two have a fun marriage. :)