Thursday, April 7, 2011

Just Another Day at the Museum

There is nothing us Wright fam loves more than a competition. We are all competitive, whether we want to admit it or not. Even when we are hanging out at home we can't help but get into a debate; and it's always a competition over who's right vs. who's wrong. It can get pretty heated. Fist pound the table and tears are inevitably shed. But that's how we are. Intense. Opinionated. This is where I feel sorry for the in laws who marry into the family (minus Keith and Kris because they are just as opinionated as any of us). The last time we sisters were all together in February we had a little competition in the standing long jump. . .

From oldest to youngest:

Aliece (didn't let nursing w/ a 2 mo old stop her)



Eliza (didn't let being prego stop her)


Me (Tara)


Mich


Brit


I'm pretty sure Mich won the contest.

Way to go!

But, I might have had an honorable mention with my signature pose:


Of course, I am vying for extra attention, I blame it on my middle child syndrome.


We missed you Kindra and Emilie.

Rain check?

9 comments:

Eliza said...

Sweet! That was kind of fun even though we look so ridiculous, well I should just speak for myself. Good times, glad we could all be there to participate. Maybe we should make it an annual event? We all know Emilie and Kindra are just as competitive as the rest of us so I'm sure they couldn't pass up on this fun!

Eliza said...

I wonder what those ladies that work there were thinking?

Wright Sisters Write said...

I guess Kindra and Emilie are as competitive as us, at least when it comes to Nerts...And those ladies who had nothing better to do than yell at our kids for not keeping their socks on? They were totally entertained!!!

Aliece said...

I would do it again!

Michelle said...

I would do it again too, but it would be harder for me to be there on the annual event, that makes me sad. I don't know if I could live in Idaho for the rest of my life. It snowed quite a bit yesterday and today, it sucks. Miss you all more than I can say.

Eliza said...

Oh Mich, we would never do it without you! Oh man, I can feel your pain. I have moments where I miss Rexburg but then I think of the weather and that usually changes my mind. Also, I am grateful to live closer to more family, although I miss you terribly. Life is so hard sometimes! Hang in there! Spring will come (maybe:)

Emilie said...

I usually prefer being competitive quietly, but that looks way fun! I'm sad I missed it. Starting in end of May, possibly June, annual events will be difficult/almost impossible for us to attend also. I feel your pain, Mich. Since I'm here right now, however, I refuse to think about it.
Don't feel bad for us in-laws. We love being a part of the family!

Grannie Wright said...

I can see why you guys loved going to the museum. The grandkids would totally get into this. This is why we came back from Wyoming to be with our family, which we love very much

Hardwick Family said...

Okay!! Hilarious!!