Friday, April 8, 2011

I thought I would give you a laugh

Sometimes I am just really, really dumb. Occasionally I get these feelings of self confidence but then they end up a mess and I feel like the stupidest person alive. Let me explain. Up until recently I was really against cutting Mia's (my daughter's) hair. I was just loving how long it was getting. Often times it was in her face and it drove me and my husband crazy. Dan had been wanting to get it cut for a while. He wanted to take her somewhere to get it cut but no way was I going to let a stranger mess with it. One day he was complaining about it (as he frequently did) and something came over me. I said, "Fine I will cut it when we get home." I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. Are you ready to see what I did? Okay here it is:





The first thing my sister Tara said was, "Well you could always tell people she did it herself." Because that is exactly what it looked like. The picture doesn't even do it justice. What was I thinking?

Well two days later I decided to work on it some more. It was difficult with how wiggly she is. Luckily the hair cutting gods were shinning down on me and it turned out okay. The goal was to make them look like side bangs:

Not bad right? Today my friend Abbie said, "Michelle, I know you were really embarrassed about Mia's bangs but they really frame her face nicely." That made me feel good. She saw Mia the day after the disaster when her hair was clipped to the side. So, the moral to this story is...stupidity can be turned into success, just give it a couple of days.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Haha! Oh Mich, when you sent me that pic, I did get a good laugh, but I couldn't tell you because you weren't ready to laugh about it, so it's good you are able to laugh about it now. That first picture is pretty classic. I'm glad you were able to fix it! They filled in quite nicely! Love you and miss you...xoxo!

Aliece said...

She's a cutie, no matter what! I love the moral of your story, but I think I've had stupidity that has taken longer than a couple of days to turn into success. You are better than me, I will barely trim bangs if I have to! Love you and miss you too!

Eliza said...

This was pretty funny Mich! I can't believe you didn't have Tara cut it when you were here! When I saw the peanut butter pic I could tell she'd had it cut and I thought it was pretty cute and I was trying to figure out if you'd had Tara do it but I knew you didn't because we saw you right before you left. Weird, anyway it turned out cute in the end! And thanks for the laugh!

Grannie Wright said...

Well this is pretty hilarious! It does look like she cut it herself. However the save was pretty nice. Very cute. The Mia Nater can show her face once again. Miss you and love you!

Hardwick Family said...

haha!! Michelle!! This is hilarious!! I have totally done the same thing to Steele.