Friday, April 15, 2011

My Babies Stole My Brain

Really this is my life? Don't get me wrong I am more than happy to be a mother, I love my girls and husband more than anything. However, I didn't really know I'd be sacrificing my intelligence and common sense when I decided to have kids. In her last post, Aliece talked about how she had a different brain before kids. Well I sure know I did! Here's why, in the past couple of weeks I have:

Jumped in the car, ready to go without shoes on.

Put the frozen rolls back in the fridge not the freezer. Oh, and by the way, they completely defrosted and so I cooked the rest of them even though we were done with dinner, figured it was better than just throwing them away.

All too often I yell, "Aliece, Eliza, Vaugh-, No, Tara, No....Scarlet come here!" (Hey, it's what I grew up hearing.)

Got to the register to pay at Target, and couldn't find my purse. I instantly thought someone had stolen it and started freaking out. (The store clerk thought I was crazy. Oh wait, I am.) I ran out to the car to double check, and there my purse was sitting, in the car unlocked. Thank you dear angel.

My poor baby, I couldn't figure out why she was so fussy and realized she was hungry. It had been a few hours...

Walked around the house for probably about twenty minutes while holding my phone to my ear with shoulder, but not talking to anyone.

Showed up for church at 10:30 am, thinking we were half an hour late. Turns out church doesn't start until 11, so for the first time this year, we were on time!!!

We were at the Zoo and there were elephants from India. I couldn't for the life of me remember if India was a country or a continent. Then I tried to name all the seven continents. It took awhile. And I may or may not have had to look it up. :)

This is just a small list (of the things I can remember). At least I know these girls make it worth it!

Do you have any my-baby-stole-my-brain-moments that you'd like to share?
Really, it would make me feel so much better!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Apparently I have a pretty sharp mind because I haven't done any of theses things. Maybe with my second child? Some of these things I can't even believe. The phone thing? Really Tara? For that long? Sometimes I go places without shoes on but that is on purpose and only if I am staying in the car. One time I did put some refrigeration crescent rolls in the freezer but I don't think it was because of Mia. You are so funny! I think you still have a sharp mind because of all the reading you are doing.

Grannie Wright said...

Tara you are hilarious! I would have to think about it for awhile to come up with some Mom moments. Maybe you guys could help me out?

Eliza said...

I don't know if I've had moments as bad and funny as yours, maybe I just don't think about it as much, but I've always said I lost half my brain when I had kids. I think it's just because we have so many more people to worry about and think for now. So really we should be patting ourselves on our backs because we're probably doing alot more than we did before.

Aliece said...

I have little ones all the time! Not remembering why I walked into a room, forgetting the item I went to the store for in the first place, I know I have bigger ones, I just can't think of them right now! Not only do we have to think for ourselves, we have to think for our husband's about certain things, the kids and the household in general. I need a nap!