Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Perfection

I don't think I could do a blog post today and not talk about The Royal Wedding. I woke up at 5:30 this morning and technically the plan was to go to work. But, I just couldn't resist turning on the tv to see what was going on. I had it set to record because I didn't want to miss it by accident or get up that early. If there hadn't been so much hype in the media I don't think I would have been super excited about it. But the whole world was watching and I didn't want to be left out. It's funny how the media can get us worked up about things, whether it be good or bad. It felt kind of special to be bonded with the world as we watched the most adorable couple be bonded in holy matrimony. I found myself wishing I was Kate. So beautiful, incredibly poised, she just seems too perfect. What an enchanted life lies ahead for her. But really I don't think I would want that life, too much pressure. I wouldn't mind having an English accent though. Anyway, who didn't love her dress? I loved everything about it. I also liked how Kate's sister Pippa carried the train. For some reason I though Pippa might try to steal some of her spot light, I don't know why. About an hour and a half after turning on the tv I made it to work. I came right home and resumed where I left off. I watched their first kiss after being married, and their second. It was sweet and they are a sweet couple. But man I was just dying for them to make out or something, they could have a least had a little more open mouth. I understand why they weren't all over each other and lovey dovey, they need to be proper and whatever. Well, that being said I am happy for Great Britain they seem really united by this, even though royalty in England doesn't have any real political power. It's so exiting having public figures you can look up to. I wish I could just see what it would be like to live in Kate's shoes for one day. I also wish that hats and head pieces where as popular here as they are there, I think they are really fabulous. And one more thing, before I go...I enjoyed the footage of Princess Diana's wedding that was showed. What a wonderful way to remember her.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Mich, you had me cracking up with this post! Haha. I would have liked to see a little more love action as well, felt that same way about Twilight.

The sad thing is I actually remember watching Princess Di's wedding on TV. Kinda crazy.

I really think they were a great couple, and they do seem to be genuine. The boys had such a tragedy with losing their mom and all, so it's nice to see Wills find love and happiness.

I found myself envying Kate as well. That's why I bought a knock off of her ring. LOVE IT! And the hats, I know, right? Do we have to move to England to wear them or what? I found myself thinking of hats I want to design myself...

Kris said...

Tara I have to ask (because I am me) but weren't you like negative one when Prince Charles and Princess Diana got married? Miche I had a lady in my ward growing up who would wear hats to church all the time and it just didn't seem right. BTW, in two years over there I don't recall ever seing a woman wear a hat, maybe its only for royal weddings? It is hard for me to understand the hype and hysteria of it all though, maybe its just something guys wouldn't get?

Grannie Wright said...

I hope this comment takes, because lots of times when I hit post it takes me to a different site. The comment is gone when I hit the return button. Sooo frustrating!! I also liked Kate's dress and thought the kiss was too "quickie". I don't think that guys get it at all. But yes I got to see some of it before I went to work. I hope he is faithful, unlike his father.

Eliza said...

I loved it too, I think they are such a cute couple and I really loved what was said at the ceremony. And how he told her she looked beautiful once she got to the end of the aisle. I loved how he was blushing after the kiss and then the second one. I'm with mom, I hope he stays faithful.

Aliece said...

Um, here's a big difference between me and my sisters. I'm more like Kris with this one. I didn't pay much attention because I knew I would see everything I was interested in on the news and every other talk show or news magazine show. (Not like I was watching all those shows.) It was hard to miss it. I saw the dress and the fashions, caught the higlights of the sweetness of the event, good enough for me. I hope it is as fairy tale as it looks, too.