Tuesday, April 19, 2011

This 'n That

I have been savoring the sweet taste of victory since my last post! It is pretty exciting, I must say. (Oh, the things we moms get excited over!) I was prepared for that battle to be long and hard fought. But luckily, it only took a few days! Now he's done it 5 or six times, enjoyed his candy bar AND his ice cream cone (Cotton Candy Thrifty cone, to be exact!) and I am one happy, stubborn momma!


I must be going crazy because I find myself longing for summer vacation to be here already! I'm so tired of the school routine. Papers, homework, forgotten instruments, carnivals, reports, field trips, money for book orders, money for field trips, money for carnivals, money for tye-dyed t-shirts, I'm over it! This is bad because I'm sure that two weeks into summer I'll be pulling my hair out and wishing school was back in session!


Is anyone else as upset as I am that Corey and Leah from Teen Mom 2 are splitting up? I'm pathetic, I know, but that show is addicting and they were my favorite ones. I had high hopes for them, I wish they'd work it out and stay together for their family. And on that note- does anyone else still wish that John and Kate would get back together? Do it for the kids!!! Ok, I'm done now.
I always forget how good Fruit Stripe gum is and then the flavor runs out two minutes later. And it smells good too! You should get some, even if only for the memories of chewing it as a kid.



Mini Movie Review



We had some half-price movie tickets that we needed to use so we snuck out on Saturday night and saw Hanna. I'm not such a huge fan of movie reviews. I've decided I don't need an expert movie watcher to tell me all the intricacies and details of a film and whether or not it lives up to his/her high standards for movie viewing. And sometimes if a movie gets great reviews and is really built up then it can be a huge disappointment when the movie doesn't live up to the hype. I usually enjoy movies because I don't go into them with all these high expectations and I can generally tell from a preview whether or not I'm interested in seeing a film. That being said, I actually wanted to see Hanna and it did not disappoint. It was well done, suspenseful, had enough violence for my husband and I think it only had one f-word (for those of you who care).



Mini Book Review

I just finished reading the book Dreaming in English by Laura Fitzgerald. It's a book I just picked up randomly at the library off of their new releases shelf. Apparently it's a sequel to Veil of Roses, which I haven't read yet, and I hate reading books out of order but hopefully it won't ruin it too much. This book is about an Iranian woman who comes to America looking for a husband because she doesn't want to go back to Iran. I love reading books about other cultures, I find them so interesting. I also love it when a book is set in a locale close to home because I can visualize it so well and this one is set in Tucson. It was an easy, fast, light read which is sometimes nice when I'm not in the mood to read something heavy. The thing I loved the most about this book is that it oozes love for America. It got me thinking about everything I take for granted as far as being blessed to be born in this country goes, and that's a very humbling thing, really. Don't read this book looking for literary greatness, it's mostly just a feel good love story which left me... feeling good!

That's it, I'm done! Peace out homies! And, as my two year old told me last night when I put him to bed, "Good night Mom, have a good day!" Soooo, good night and have a good day!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Haha, Wes and I still talk about we wish John and Kate would get back together. Thanks for the book and movie recommendations, I haven't heard of either before. Way to go Colby! I did notice the other day how well he was doing with that, but forgot to tell you. I can just smell the fruit stripe gum now, mmmm. I will have to introduce Scarlet to that gum, so nostalgic.

Aliece said...

Just thinking of Fruit Stripe gum makes my mouth water! Yea Colby! Glad you didn't have a prolonged battle. Thanks for the little movie review. I don't even know what's in theaters right now. (I kind of like it that way, I guess I'm just a little movied-out:).

Michelle said...

I loved this post. I agree, Kate plus 8 just isn't the same without the bickering Jon and Kate. You know what is funny, a girl that I am friends with on facebook was just talking about that gum. I loved it. Congrats on the Colby thing. I need to call you for some advice because I want to start with Mia soon. Do you think she is too young? Can't wait to read and see the book and movie.

Hardwick Family said...

So disappointed about leah and cory!! And I totally wish jon and kate would get back together!!

Grannie Wright said...

Wow! I missed another post. So Here's my comment a little late. I wish Jon and Kate would get back together too. Cuz its best for the kids not a TV show. Its great that Colby has gotten down to business. But today is moving day and he had to christen the garage floor. So much for success!!!!