Thursday, April 21, 2011

Just Dance

Generally I feel like I lead a pretty simple life. A happy, simple one. I am okay with that of course, I think any stay-at-home-mom would have to be, our children make our lives interesting and fun. But nevertheless I always get excited when I have something exciting and out of the ordinary going on. I feel so cool when I come home and I get to tell my husband about whatever it is I did.

This past Saturday I had an opportunity to judge a dance competition, and dance in the competition as well. I didn't really know what to expect but I was looking forward to the whole experience. I felt so high and mighty writing down notes about the dances and giving out scores. Being a judge included getting an awesome goody basket and free lunch. There was also a portion of the competition where we judges taught a group of dancers a little dance. I was basically on top of the world.

I take an adult hip hop class and we did a couple of dances during the competition (I didn't judge myself of course, there were other judges who did that). It was a lot of fun, I gave it my all knowing that someone would be evaluating what I was doing. I grew up dancing ballet and we only performed, you don't compete in ballet. So it was interesting to see another side of the dance world.

Back at dance class on Monday look at what all of us mommy's earned, da da da daaa:
I got a good laugh out of this. I haven't gotten a trophy since junior high! I told Glenda (the lady in charge) that I would put it on my mantle and blog about it. Little Mia loves to play with it, because that black circle part spins! You know you are jealous!

4 comments:

Aliece said...

Awesome Mich! I have only "aujudicated" (how do you spell that?) auditions which is a blast. I do enjoy it. I know that dancers and teachers I have worked with in competitions go through the judges notes and apply their corrections. How lucky they are to have your great perspective! I think I'm jealous that you have a mantle! :)

Eliza said...

Hahaha! You crack me up. Love the trophy, you go girl. I would have loved to seen all you mamas up they doing hiphop. Glad you're getting to have some fun with it.

Tara said...

Sorry I forgot to comment on this one, because I read it on my phone and it doesn't allow me to comment. Anyway...so impressed! Wowie! You go getter you! You're like the real deal girl!

Tara said...

P.S. I'm pretty sure I've never won a trophy...